Lexmic 'Cape Town' EP - Estufa Records



My new EP got released this morning and here I am, cold autumn in the Netherlands and a shaky looking COVID situation amidst some new lockdown regulations. So Id like to use this opportunity to get some copyright practice on my own work and give it a little pitch before I plug a link for anyone interested. 

The EP is called Cape Town, a place I know so very well. I was born in Johannesburg in 1991, shortly after we moved to Cape Town in 1994 in which I stayed until 2016. An amazing city in a beautiful country that I can highly recommend to anyone, for whatever reasons you desire, its one of those cities nestled in nature, and there is just some indescribable sensation you get when you look around from your city and you are surrounded by great mountains and oceans, so go check it out. 

Ive been thinking of this place a lot recently as Im trying to find a way to be with my family and friends for the December/January period, this is of course pandemic dependant, and I really have no expectations as everything is very unpredictable at the moment. For now I have created a few tracks to feel a little more closer :) 

The EP has been released on Estufa Records, the Brazilian label releasing minimal and house with a bright and vibrant aesthetic. The EP consists of 5 original mixes. Track one, 'Shroom Swing' came about one night, and well I worked on it all night and not knowing what the result was going to be after sobering up the next day, but I still resonated with the groove and crazy movements in atmosphere. The second track, 'New Space' is a driving minimal beat with a dirty bass, very simplistic bottom work and the top is an approach on experimental synth work and driving the sounds in new spaces. The third was a fun jam after some long hours with friends, and a lot of the sounds and ideas of energy were then recorded and mapped on machines. Track four is called 'Sunday Training', this has the relaxation points of any lazy Sunday as well as the drive of those Sunday fundays with excitement of uncertainty. The fifth and final track of the EP is a strictly 4x4 house, strings mixed with trippy synths over a progressive structure. Thats what I got, and cannot give the album a rating as I felt my ass can only take so much smoke. I will leave the link here and let me know your thoughts :)

My name is Lexmic and thanks for reading/listening!

  

Comments