2020!

This will be another groovy decade! Let the tunes roll in, Im looking forward to it! It was quite nostalgic looking back at previous posts on RTHE and seeing how my taste in music has changed, and how the scene is changing and morphing as well. Not all artists have survived this past ten years, but Im happy to say that RTHE stuck around, despite a 7/8 year hiatus. If you not familiar with RTHE, it was started in 2009 by Summers and myself (Lexmic). We wanted to create a platform to showcase underground electronic music, as well as promote various events around Cape Town and South Africa. It had support from all our friends and we eventually started playing parties around Cape Town in 2010 as the Roundhouse Kidz. The next few years the blog fell between the cracks of our lives. It remained dormant until April 2019, when I decided to have a look at the old mailing account and was overwhelmed by the positivity and thanks from people that enjoyed the posts and the music. So with that realization I have decided to post music when ever I have a moment. This posting schedule is very spontaneous but still acts as breath of life for the blog. Its also the home to the Higher Ground radio now, a radio show I started in the Czech Republic. Having travelled and worked alongside some amazing concepts that promote 'the scene' I have had the opportunity to remain in an industry that motivates me everyday to be better and do bigger. So with the same vision that started RTHE, lets keep it alive, lets promote good music and lets give new artists a platform to show us what they got! If anyone would like to submit music please don't hesitate to contact RTHE!

Lexmic xx

Some albums/tunes that rocked my decade:

This Max Graef album was on repeat a bunch of times

From the amazing Groovence Records, Im a big fan of almost everything they release...

Played a bunch of Galcher, the sound is medical :) 

The beginning of the decade had me in awe by the sounds of AnjunaDeep, especially when Jody Wisternoff & James Grant took over!

I also got really into Detroit, Ive always had my favs but when I put all the pieces together its clear to me that Detroit is the music capital of fucking amazing music and the artists that are bred in Illinois are a cut above the rest. I mean, Quincy, Em, Motown, House &Techno... 




Comments